Last Friday, we went up to NY Presbyterian to have our anatomy scan of the bean. We got to look at her or his heart (4 pumping chambers, all right!); brain, diaphragm, stomach, bladder, fingers (10) , toes (10) , arms, legs, nose....you get the picture. Our little one was moving all around and changed positions FOUR times during the 45 minutes we were in the room. It was pretty amazing to see how active it is. The tech saw the pink bits but we looked away (we want a surprise!) The only things we could not get a good look at during this visit were the lower spine and kidneys. Thankfully, the tech could see enough to tell us that our bean has kidneys, but she couldn't get the view she wanted.This kid is polite enough not to moon us - for now.
So it's back to the hospital next Tuesday for another peek at the rump. My mom, Candy, is going to join us and see what amazing technology they've got these days. I'm glad to go back too because I relish these brief moments that I can see proof that, in fact, there's a growing human being in my gut. Most of the time, I just feel like a fat ass with nothing to show for it. I've been promised by those who have gone before, however, that once he or she starts moving consistently it will become very, very real. And maybe I'll get some new pictures, of a full moon?

No comments:
Post a Comment