Wednesday, September 16, 2009

No California Rolls For You!













Alright so this is a ridiculous story that only a modern prego could love, but Bri and I got in an argument over California rolls - namely I said that I could have them (there's no raw fish in them!) and he said that he thought I couldn't. One night we were walking down Smith Street looking for some eats. I suggested the Hana Cafe where he could get a sashimi fix and I'd stick to the safe stuff: CA rolls. He said that we should wait and that maybe it wasn't a good idea since the surface the chefs make the rolls on is the same, and they cut the rolls with the same knife. I thought he was being a little too strict - but relented and we went for Indian at Raga instead.

Low and behold, two days later, our Doctor, that kind-faced man to the right, totally agreed with Bri and banned me from California rolls. Now I'm tallying a list of all the things I would like brought to me on a platter immediately after the birth. SASHIMI is at the top of the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment