Tuesday, November 10, 2009

You Know You're Getting Big When....


This morning, on my F train commute into work, was the first time that someone gave up their seat for my hippo ass. It was touching. Despite being dressed in all black (black dress, black sweater, black knee-high boots and black raincoat - I thought that was supposed to be slimming?!?) a kind man took one look at the burgeoning bean belly and got up. He did it without any pomp or circumstance. It was just eyes on belly, stand up and move away. At first, a tall hipster in his 30s couldn't believe his luck, but then I almost body-slammed him for the coveted side backward seat. I yelled "thank you!" in the chivalrous man's direction and planted my widening-rear in the seat. It was really a nice treat this morning since I tried - in vain - to catch up with my husband on the platform and was definitely doing a little of the huff and puff when I boarded the train. [Note to self: MUST DO MORE CARDIO] I did, however, notice that I got lapped by at least 7 people on my way to the station. I'm just not as speedy as I used to be, even when I think I'm going at a pretty good clip.


Anyway, thank you, again, sweet nerd on your blackberry who transferred to an A at Jay Street. You've earned some sweet Karma from the preggo goddess.

No comments:

Post a Comment