skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Merry Christmas To All and To All A Good Night
Merry Christmas everyone. Due to the insane amount of food consumed today, my hands were filled with cutlery and cookies instead of the camera. I don't have any shots of the Edwards' Family Christmas but this year was very fun. We mixed it up a bit and decided a few months ago to dispense with exchanging gifts (it is a recession afterall) and instead exchange laughter and good-natured familial ribbing. We played board games into the wee hours and picked them right up again this morning. All 10 of us ate a delicious meal and were genuinely happy to see one another. I can't think of a better way to spend this Christmas - this last one without the bean. There was one little wrinkle... My youngest little brother Dustin, in the true helpful Christmas spirit, was slicing the extra-hard sweet potatoes for the meal this morning and was distracted at some point - causing him to slice HIS THUMB instead of the potato! OUCH! I was at first optimistic that this was a job for a super tight band-aid and some bacitracin, but after 15 minutes of continuous bleeding, we sent him to the ER with Dad.
Three hours later.....
He returned, a whole man again. Six blue stitches held his thumb together, and he got a bonus: a tetanus shot! What a "Christmas miracle" as B likes to say....
In lieu of Christmas shots (maybe I'll get some tomorrow), I've posted some fun winter shots of us from our latest trip to Vermont, land of a thousand icicles! Thanks to Tom, Rebecca and Emmett's warm hospitality and some savvy driving skillz by H. Lea, we had a great time.


No comments:
Post a Comment